Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: rog no like vista

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought me a new computer for home and I made sure it had enough memory and a fast processor so I could do my Video Editing and my music. It said it came with the new operating system Vista...well I ain't a complete idiot when it comes to these things so I figgered it couldn't be that hard....Aaaarrrgggg I hates it I do. My video editing tool that I used on my ME and Xp will not work, The new media player doesn't have a run clock, and when I try to D/L stuff from the net comes up with an error "The File is corrupted or is not compatabile with this system"
    I am about ready to trade it in for a used XP.

    Ok that was my rant, anyone else have a view on Vista, pro or con?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner BlackMagicRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    2,930
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The bad thing about new operating systems is that they normally have a TON of bugs. I think your best bet would be trying to go back to XP...BUT...you may lose some of the computers capabilities. My Husband and I are just going to built me a new computer when we have the money to do it. Anymore I think that is probably the way to go. Costs less in the long run and you actually get WHAT you want on it. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My main computer (Gresilda) was put togeather by Gateway and thats what I did. They discussed what I would use it for and it came loaded (For the time), But the new computer (Wilimina) is an off the shelf unit and I hates it. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner BlackMagicRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    2,930
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Call them and find out what you can do to get XP put on it. Tell them you are thoroughly unhappy with vista. Hell I would. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner petenv's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2005
    Posts
    5,984
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Vista and WMP 11 still have lots of problems.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    you already know the crap I've been going through for 3 months with this vista home premium bullcrap....actually a lot of the problem was my DSL was not up to snuff with the new program...it is running better now..I've only crash-dumped once today....

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Rog..I just finished posting on all my favorite sites..and you my dear friend have more sites than anyone else LOL..it must be your many personalities cutting up ....I haven't had a lot of time to play on my pc this year....hopefully by fall my spirits will be more up and I'll get back in the groove...

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner ~*Twi*~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2001
    Posts
    1,221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I so hate Vista!

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner mRs.GaToR's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2001
    Posts
    1,883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They were going to upgrade all of us here at work
    with Vista until Tom installed it on his new
    computer and it keeps crashing him all the time!
    I can hear him in his office cussing it out at
    least 3 times a day! *L*

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner BlackMagicRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    2,930
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Reminds me of Windows ME. GAWD I hated it. I refuse to upgrade to Vista. At least not until they work a bunch of the bugs out. Even then I think I will probably just stick with Windows XP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •